Sunday, February 22, 2015

Layering: Sigmar Polke


I've learned that layering can create a more intriguing image. Layers make the composition more interesting and dynamic. Contemporary artists use layering in their art by putting different images on top of each other. Certain pieces that use layering can be overwhelming, but I think the artists do this purposely in order to provoke the viewer.

I can use layering in my own art to make my ideas clearer to the viewer. My dance animation is going to be about feeling out of control and adding layers would help communicate this. Usually people who feel out of control in their life are feeling overwhelmed, so layers could cause the viewer to experience that same feeling when watching my animation.

I especially liked Sigmar Polke's use of different textures and patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment